Thursday, August 25, 2011

Updates while updating

 this was a test shot taken my first week at the office (last week). tweaked it a little with IrfanView, gonna try and set up a photoshoot area too. the office lighting is far superior to the one i have in my room, so i'm (reluctantly) excited about the prospect of taking better photos.....when i get round to it :P

WARNING. GEEKY COMP STUFF AHEAD. ok maybe just borderline geeky. :E
i'd decided it was time for my waaay overdue annual formatting of the laptop. about ...4 years overdue :P it got infected recently with a nasty and persistent virus that infected every external HDD. i don't know how i got it, even AVG couldn't detect nor remove it, bf came up with a brilliant solution of utilizing an even older laptop which has UBUNTU installed as its OS. i formatted at least 4 thumbdrives, my camera (yes even that got infected grrr) and of course, my trusty laptop (seen above on the right, installing its umpteenth update i think). debated over whether i should have used ubuntu this time round, but opted against it since it'd be really troublesome when it comes to flash and other little entertainment stuff that i use the laptop for when i'm working on minis...so it's back to the restoration disc and back to winXP. i know, i know, i'm pretty outdated but i really like winXP (whines).

the pasta machine was kindly donated by my cousin (THANK YOU!) and i took it apart to remove the little attachments which i know i wouldn't use, as well as give it a cleaning. i have since worked on a really little bit of polymer clay (hangs head in shame) but in my defense, there really was a lot of moving and packing to do!! all those materials...gahh i'm still sorting and packing them -_-"
 even had to bring my trusty little caddy over. i'm really fond of clear/translucent white plastic containers :X
and the back shelf, which is holding a whole lotta stuff i've yet to sort out still....and it's been over a week since i've 'settled in' blehhhhhh

am also going to try and list more items, undecided on where i should list them, am still installing updates, my stupid fonts aren't getting updated, so any graphic work is being delayed as i attempt to fix the issues. meanwhile, here's a sneak preview on what you can expect to see once i get things sorted out, might even set up my own shopping cart if i can concentrate for periods of more than 40 mins at a go (the average length of each episode of 'Damages' LOL)

k time to reboot (AGAIN!!! OMG)

4 comments:

  1. :o) I love your clear/translucent white plastic containers! They are the BEST

    Thank you for sharing about UBUNTU, not being so good for working with flash. I was told to run that OS on my laptop for optimum security but I am not tech savvy and would have had a hard time figuring out what do do when it came time to edit my videos and flash related projects.

    :o)
    Amber
    in NYC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you read my mail ???
    THANK YOU !!!!!! I love love love everything !!!!
    Big hugs coming to you from a very happy bouncing me.
    Rosanna

    PS did you move ? or have I misunderstood?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes, Cindy! What a drag...but lucky you to have L for bf!! I love XP, too :) Just back from Omaha, will write!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely settled in huh? Now you see each other every day :) and then talk geek to each other ..teehee.

    I finally packed my "craft shelf" 2 nights ago. Wanna see?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to comment! :D