ok first I have to apologize for not having relevant pictures, but I'm still working on the demo items students can learn for each session...there have been a number of things I've been doing, and am dying to continue work on the I'm a Giant challenge! I've put up a dedicated page link to chart my progress, am looking forward to seeing the other bloggers' progress too! Do comment with your bloglink if you're participating too!
I'm revisiting an old item, as work on the wholesale list progresses. I've decided to switch over to using ADC for most of my larger scale items as it's easier on my hands (polymer clay at larger scales = too much time wasted conditioning and mixing clay colours), and it's much lighter so the dolls can actually pose better with them.
Thinking back on the process, I wonder why I even bothered detailing each individual kernel -_-" But in my mind, it adds to the realism, be honest though, should I even have bothered? Each corn gunkan-maki has approx 20-21 kernels which takes about 45mins to an hour to just ROLL out -_-" inclusive of painting time, I spent over 7 hrs (excluding drying time) for just 3 measly corn sushi *digs out eyes* Will probably have to use 'dummy' pieces for those at the bottom....but somehow...somehow....yeayea the OCD tendency has kicked into high gear lately.
Main reason being THIS:
Inkscape is super uber duper fun, right? FINALLY I am able to make my own graphics! There's a tonne of free stuff out ther, but read the licensing terms carefully though, there is so much to learn. to keep things simple I only use material that is free for personal and commercial use, with no attribution necessary. I'm still working on my bakery boxes, have a few printed that need to be folded ^ ^ Can't wait to finish them, maybe tomorrow when Asuka comes over to the office again to play! v ^ ^
time to play compare and contrast, old vs new (left vs right):
Tamago (Egg) sushi....top two were made from polymer clay...I find ADC does lend a certain 'softness' to the larger scales...
This certainly has been an interesting exercise, comparing and contrasting my own work. looking back at my earlier sushi, I feel they're incredibly cartoonish, and I'm almost embarrassed that I sold them :( but back then, I was darn proud of 'em! I'm glad I didn't give up and my customers didn't give up on me...
technically, I don't think I could work with sukerukun at 1:12. it dries really fast, and these took a lot of experimentation to get 'right' :( moreover, caning with ADC = plenty of wastage....well i guess i'll be making a lot of makizushi XD
*mutters under breath* stupid speck of dust.
well. even the plate looks slightly better hurhur :X changed the way I made the sushi too! though the packets look weird on that plate LOL it belongs with supermarket sushi....:S
thanks for indulging me @^_^@
go home le.........
oh ya, link to my workshops page is on the top right of my blog. or you can follow the link here:
still sorting out my webpage and stuff.....gonna be a lot of shuffling around.......@ @